Here are my takeaways:
- Cher's grandmother gave birth to Cher's mother when she was 13-years-old. (Yikes!)
- Cher was raised by a single mother and at times in poverty, and Cher thinks she's still working hard at age 64 because she doesn't want to return to poverty.
- Cher was friends with Lucille Ball!!!
- The Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour was one of television’s most popular shows from 1971 to 1974.
- Sonny owned 95% and their attorney owned 5% of Cher Enterprises. Cher owned 0% of Cher Enterprises. How was that even legal?!
- Cher says she keeps yelling at her family to work out, because old age is coming and they'll need their strength. (Apparently strength is needed and harder to obtain as you age?!)
- I like the way Cher spoke about her career as a Pop Diva: “It’s not an easy job. You just have to make it look easy. But also, it’s just a job. I’m not doing anything that’s monumental. I know what I do is kind of a tonic for people. I’m either dying in my house or onstage.”
Post a Comment